Saturday 19 May 2012

Gillian Welch Soul Journey Rock Music Cd Review

The extremely talented Rock artist Gillian Welch has released her final CD on the Acony Records recording label, entitled Soul Journey. I wish it weren't the case but, it's not everyday that I get a CD from an artist that I can just pop in and comfortably listen to from beginning to end. There is usually a song or 3 that I just can not force myself to obtain through. Not at all the case with Soul Journey. Every track is enjoyable and was pretty easy for me to listen to from beginning to finish.



Soul Journey is a nicely varied, combine of 10 tracks that are very well written songs by this clearly outstanding artist. Most regarding the songs display very many regarding the kind emotion that creates for an definitely good listen. Clearly drawing from what I can only imagine are her own real life experiences. At different points touching on the greatest real emotions like love, and the pain of failed relationships can certainly be heard. Overall Soul Journey is excellent from beginning to end.



two of those CDs that subsequent to a little listens the songs are just etched into your memory. A should have for the Rock fan. Really spectacular from beginning to end. While this entire album is really very good the truly standout tunes are track 3 - Make A Pallet On Your Floor, track 5 - I Had An Actual Good Mother And Father, and track 10 - Wrecking Ball. My Bonus Pick, and the one that got Sore [.



as in Stuck On REpeat ] is track 10 - Look At Miss Ohio. This is a good track! Soul Journey Release Notes: Gillian Welch originally released Soul Journey on June 3, 2003 on the Acony Records label. CD Track List Follows: 1. Make A Pallet On Your Floor 3. Wayside or Return In Time 4.



I Had An Actual Good Mother And Father 5. No One Knows My Name 7. I Created A Lovers Prayer 10. Wrecking Ball Personnel: Gillian Welch vocals, guitar? David Rawlings different instruments, background vocals? Mark Ambrose acoustic guitar? Greg Leisz dobro? Ketcham Secor fiddle? Matt Andrews, Jim Boquist bass.

No comments:

Post a Comment